Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whatever you love opens its secrets to you

In the past I was a collector of things: nic naks, recipes, art, music, jewelry, coins, hobbies, etc. Now I feel infringed upon by the clutter of such collections. Today I collect sayings; the wise, clever and humorous stuff. Each collection is given a tag of envy to show that I wish I had coined it.
One of the many people in history I admire is a brilliant chemist who came from humble beginnings. He had the tenacity to excell even when public opinion was quite repressive toward his race. This marvelous man created hundreds of uses for the legume commonly known as the peanut. Yes, we all know him as the inventor George Washington Carver. One of the many wise sayings from him is, "Whatever you love opens its secrets to you."
This statement motivated me to find what I love, and I found Philip David Roper. He is my husband and the lover of my body, mind and spirit. By the way, he just happens to love peanuts.
When I first met Philip, I respected his inner self and was quite happy to have him share with me whatever he pleased. The more our love deepened and increased, the more he opened up to me. This is our most meaningful intimacy. It is what we only share with one another. He knows me and I know him and because we truly love one another, our secrets are safe between us.
Philip has taught me through his example that I have a much greater love in my life. He is the lover of my soul, the savior of my life, the creator of my being, the healer of my ills and wounds, the provision, friend, guide and anything I need. As my love for Him grows, He reveals openly His secrets to an abundant life here on earth. There is good news I wish to share with you, He can be the love in your life as well. Call out His name and He will be quick to answer. His name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment